Friday, February 04, 2011

From Analog to Digital Photography

For the past 30 years, I have carried an Olympus OM-1 35mm SLR as my personal camera. I purchased my OM-1 back in 1979 while living in Germany. Through the years, I have shot thousands of splendid, even spectacular photographs with my OM-1 during my world travels.

Olympus OM-1 35mm SLR (Analog) Camera

Nevertheless, the obsolescence of the Olympus OM-1 finally became clear given that 35mm film has not been available in retail stores for some time now. Hence, a new camera has been front of mind for me in recent months. Well, I am pleased to report that yesterday, I made the plunge into digital photography and purchased a Nikon D3100 14.2 MP SLR Digital Camera as depicted below.

Nikon D3100 14.2MP SLR Digital Camera

After working with the Nikon D3100 for only a day now, I can honestly say that I should have switched from analog to digital years ago. What a joy...

2 comments:

Lori said...

Sir,

Is your home and office telephone still by chance connected by a long curly wire?

May I be the first to welcome you to the modern world.

McKibbinUSA said...

Hi Lori, like I said, I should have switched to a digital camera years ago -- and no "curly wires" in my home or office -- to tell you the truth, my desktop system state-of-the-art -- but you make a good point about moving with the times and technolology, thanks...

Post a Comment