Saturday, February 25, 2012

Everything Changes But You


how can I explain?
how can I describe?
leaving me destitute
turning me into an empty shell;

I am wide awake
but my world is half asleep,
voices telling me to carry on
but I am swimming in an ocean all alone;

I tried to go on like
this never happened,
but where I am going
is anybody’s guess!

I will not question
what has brought you here to me
but some how, some where
it was meant to be.

with every step that I take,
I am more confident than before;
a thousand miles apart, I might be,
yet you will still be in my thoughts;

all good things must end,
as life is forever changing,
as I stand here, with emotions running deep,
I have nothing else to say
I have no words to comfort you
I hope everything changes but you;

as I sit here, pen and paper in hand,
wondering about all that happened,
together, forever we will stay,
because you know in your heart
that I will love you always;

~ Praveen

Republished with kind permission of Praveen and Poetry of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment